The group of property tycoon Andrew Tan’s COVID-19 relief fund mobilization has breached the P600-million milestone since the whole of Luzon was locked down to curb the pandemic in mid-March.
Various companies under Tan-led Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI) have so far donated over P603 million to various efforts to fight the COVID-19 contagion.
“Along with our healthcare frontliners, our government takes the toughest job in saving more lives against the virus. Our companies are here to support all efforts, and we are continuously looking for ways on how and where we can further extend help and support,” AGI chief executive officer Kevin Andrew Tan said in a press statement on Thursday.
The group’s P603-million COVID-19 spending was broken down as follows:
– P100 million donated to Project Ugnayan, which was used to distribute food vouchers to thousands of urban poor families in Metro Manila;
– P250 million worth of disinfectant alcohol distributed to various hospitals, local government units (LGUs), government agencies, and organizations throughout the country;
– P60 million donated by property arm Megaworld Corp. to Philippine Red Cross for the purchase of four brand new COVID-19 test laboratories with a capacity of around 10,000 tests per day;
– P65 million donated to various local government units (LGUs) and non-government organizations for programs related to COVID-19;
– P125 million worth of personal protective equipment (PPEs) for medical frontliners and grocery bags for poor communities in Metro Manila donated by Resorts World Manila and various partners; and,
– P3 million worth of food and groceries donated to healthcare and security frontliners, and construction workers, alongside free transport for medical workers provided by Megaworld and Megaworld Foundation.
Meanwhile, over 100,000 meals have been distributed to healthcare frontliners, government workers, and urban poor families through McDonald’s Philippines’ Kindness Kitchen.
The group has also supported retail tenants by waiving rental charges in various Megaworld Lifestyle Malls during the lockdown period.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.